Experience and Accreditation:
We’re experienced, accredited information security experts, and passionate about what we do.
We have worked with clients in a variety of different industries. Highlights include:
- Assisting multiple clients to achieve ISO 27001 certification.
- Developing a comprehensive suite of information security policies for a big 4 Australian bank.
- Creating a risk management framework and supporting tools for a major Australian retail enterprise.
- Developing business continuity management policies, procedures and plans for a global health service provider.
- Assisting an international legal firm to achieve compliance with the Australian Government Information Security Manual.
We have experience working with a variety of information security standards, guidelines and regulations. These include:
- The ISO 27000 range of standards.
- Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
- Australian Privacy Act.
- Australian Government Information Security Manual (ISM).
- Australian Government Protective Security Policy Framework (PSPF).
- Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA) guideline PPG 234.
- Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) guideline IBTR.
- SSAE 16, SOC 1, 2 and 3.
Our Managing Director
Jake Smith is an information security and risk management consultant with over fifteen years experience in the information security field, both in Australia and Europe. Jake’s specialist skills and experience include:
- Information security planning and strategy
- ISO 27001 ISMS implementation
- Information security policy development
- Business continuity management
- Information risk assessment and management
Jake has consulted to a diverse range of clients in the finance, telecommunications, government, legal, health, manufacturing, utilities, and IT sectors. Coming from both a technical network security and business management background, he has a unique insight into how technical security controls can be aligned with business objectives. Jake has a thorough understanding of many Australian and international information security and risk management standards, including ISO/IEC 27001/27002/27005, ISO 31000, HB231, NIST SP800-30 and COBIT.
Jake holds professional memberships with the Australian Information Security Association (AISA), the Information Systems Audit & Control Association (ISACA), and (ISC)². He is also a member of the Standards Australia IT-012-04 committee which helps develop the ISO/IEC 27000 range of standards.